Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program Director
Purpose of the Position:
- The Director of the Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program reports to the Vice Provost for Graduate Programs and is responsible to the Graduate Faculty.
- The Director promotes and sustains excellence in the program by leading the planning, development, and evaluation of the program.
- Serves as the faculty leader in all matters pertaining to the Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program.
- Leads the planning, development, and evaluation of the program as well as promotes and sustains excellence in the program.
- Serves as spokesperson and advocate for the program to administration.
- Serves as an ex-officio member without voting privileges of the Biomedical Sciences Graduate Committee (BSGC).
- Acts as temporary advisor and mentor to incoming Graduate Students who have not identified a faculty advisor by helping them identify courses, as well as, helping them identify faculty whose research and insights might prove valuable to their selected course of study.
- Serves as a contact person for potential students and provides input to the BSGC relevant to admission.
- Provides input to administration regarding budgetary matters impacting the graduate program such as graduate student stipends.
- Allocates graduate student stipends.
- Allocates the budget for select graduate student activities (e.g. support for travel, research supplies etc.)
- Arbitrates matters pertaining to Graduate Academic Standards.
- Performs administrative tasks including surveys, reports, and student forms and records.