Holidays and Vacations
Students receive time off during Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Students have one mandatory 1-month rotation to be scheduled as vacation time. Students may also choose to take an additional Elective as vacation time, if needed.
- one day off during rotations #5 and #17 for the Thanksgiving holiday
- two consecutive days off during rotations #6 and #18 for the Christmas holiday
- must request approval for specific days off for Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays from their preceptor and/or Course Coordinator.
- any additional days given by the preceptor are acceptable.
- acation time may be requested for any rotation which is not schedule for required courses
- extracurricular rotations may be requested during these vacation rotation periods, if desired
- vacation requests and/or extracurricular rotation requests must be submitted to the Office of Clinical Education, just as for any other Elective