Students should keep several things in mind when making arrangements for housing.
- Housing is reserved as a courtesy to students and is scheduled through OSU Regional Coordinators and their provided hospital contacts. Students are required to contact the OSU Regional Coordinator (see numbers below) and the Tulsa Center for Rural Health office (918-584-4375) as soon as possible if they will not utilize provided housing. This allows us to offer any available housing slots to other students and/or to cancel housing contracts, which helps maintain these benefits for future students.
- Housing may consist of a hospital room, a room in a private home of a host family, an apartment, mobile home or a room shared with other health professional students. Housing varies widely among different sites and is subject to change at anytime. When housing is available, students may have to share an apartment, bedroom (same gender with separate beds) and/or bathroom. If you have specific questions about housing accommodations at your assigned site, please contact the OSU Regional Coordinator.
- Every effort is made by OSU-Center for Rural Health to make housing available to students for remote site rotations, however, housing is not guaranteed.
- When housing sites are used for multiple rotations, students scheduled for required rotations (e.g., Emergency Medicine, Rural Clinic) will be housed first. Students in elective rotations will receive last priority and will be housed depending on availability and on first come, first serve basis.
- If students make their own housing arrangements for an Elective rotation at a Center for Rural Health sponsored housing site, they may be “bumped” by students completing required rotations.
- If students are not satisfied with the housing provided, they are responsible for making their own alternative housing arrangements and notifying the OSU Regional Coordinator and the Tulsa Center for Rural Health Office of the housing change.
- Housing must be left clean for the next students.
- Please be courteous to those you are sharing the housing with including but not limited to cleaning and noise.
- Extras are not required but may be provided. These include TV's, cable, microwaves, bed linen, dishes, yard access, garage access, Internet, washer/dryer, etc.
- Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated and the student may lose their housing priviledge and/or be referred to Academic Standards if inappropriate behavior is reported.
For questions, or to discuss specific housing arrangements, please call the OSU Regional Coordinator or the Tulsa office .
OSU NE Coordinator (Tahlequah):
Xan Bryant (918-401-0074) or firstname.lastname@example.org
OSU NW Coordinator (Enid):
Robert Sammons (918-401-0274 or 918-401-0799) or email@example.com
OSU SE Coordinator (McAlester):
OSU SW Coordinator (Lawton):
Augelica Burrell-Fleming (918-401-0073) or firstname.lastname@example.org