OSU Outpatient Imaging Center offers advanced digital mammography. Unlike film-based mammography, digital mammography produces images that appear on the technologist’s monitor in a matter of seconds. There is no waiting for film to develop, which can mean a shorter time spent in the breast imaging suite.
Other advantages of digital mammography over traditional film-based
- Radiologist can manipulate image to zoom in to
look at specific area
- Need for retakes due to over or under exposure
- Digital images can easily be transmitted over
OSU Outpatient Imaging Center uses state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment and experienced licensed sonographers to provide high-quality images for
diagnostic use. Images are sent digitally to one of our board-certified radiologists for interpretation.
Ultrasound exams include studies of:
- Female pelvis, trans-vaginal and trans-abdominal
- Scrotum and testes
- Vascular system
- Pregnancy in all three trimesters