Guaranteed Interview Program
The Oklahoma State University – Center for Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU COM) is committed to producing physicians for the state of Oklahoma. In doing so, OSU seeks to attract the brightest medical school applicants in the country. Two of the criteria OSU emphasizes in addressing candidates for its medical school are their academic readiness and personal characteristics.
OSU utilizes undergraduate coursework and the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) to access academic readiness and it uses the interview process to gauge personal characteristics.
How does the Guaranteed Interview Program Work?
The Guaranteed Interview (GI) Program provides prospective students from partner universities in Oklahoma with a clear path to earn an interview to OSU COM. Each university requires that students complete the prerequisite courses as well as meet the academic requirements outlined by their specific institution.
What is the Benefit to Applying for the Guaranteed Interview Program?
Prospective students that have met the requisite criteria for admission will be guaranteed an invitation to interview with the OSU COM Admissions Committee.
Who Should Apply to the Guaranteed Interview Program?
- Full-time student since matriculation at partner university;*
- 3.5 grade point average or better overall grade point average (GPA);
- 3.5 GPA or better science GPA;*
- Earn at least a B- in all prerequisite courses;*
- Score at least a 498 on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT); and
- First time applicant to apply to the GI Program.
*Applicable to students at OSU, ORU and UCO only.
Students enrolled in the Southwestern Master of Education Program for Biomedical Science and Microbiology must complete a minimum of (13) semester hours of required BIOL/CHEM courses and fulfill the minimum required graduate coursework in the SWOSU Master Program.
How does the Guaranteed Interview Program Admissions Process Work?
Qualified applicants should apply for the Guaranteed Interview Program during their final year or within six months following graduation from a partner university.
Applicants should follow the recommended steps:
Applicants will be notified of their Admissions status by May 1st. Applicants will either be accepted for admission or will be invited to apply for admission during the following application cycle as a traditional applicant. Applicants may only qualify for the GI Program for one application cycle.
Partner Universities Offering the Guaranteed Interview Program
OSU-COM offers the Guaranteed Interview Program at the following four partner universities in Oklahoma:
- University of Central Oklahoma - Academic Requirements
- Oral Roberts University - Academic Requirements
- Oklahoma State University Honors College - Academic Requirements
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University - Academic Requirements
- Students who are enrolled in the SWOSU Master of Education in Education Program for Biomedical Science and Microbiology.
*Criteria may change from time to time as determined by the partner university. For a comprehensive list of program requirements for each partner university, please visit www.medicine.okstate.edu or contact OSU-COM.