OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine
Open house for high school students interested in a career in medicine
Friday, Dec. 5, 2014
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine is hosting an open house for high school students who are interested in medicine. This is an opportunity for prospective students, parents, teachers and advisors to meet with current OSU medical students, faculty and admissions staff.
At Med-Xtravaganza, participants can:
- Get information on admissions criteria
- Interact with current medical students
- Participate in hands-on demonstrations
- Study anatomy with a human heart, lungs and brain
- Learn how to perform intubations
- Practice clinical skills by listening to a simulation of a patient's heart and lungs
- Test your suturing skills
This is a great opportunity to see all that OSU Medicine has to offer.
Guests are welcome!
Lunch will be provided.
OSU Center for Health Sciences
1111 W. 17th St.
Tulsa, OK 74107
Please note that the OSU Medicine Med-Xtravaganza is an annual, public event hosting high schools from across Oklahoma. Any photos or video taken by OSU Center for Health Sciences staff during the event may be used in media relations, advertising or event promotion via websites, social media, videos and/or print. Participation in this event includes granting permission to OSU Center for Health Sciences to use any photos taken for these purposes.