Psychiatry TeleECHO Clinic
Get expert psychiatric specialist knowledge in a virtual learning network with Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences providers. OSU-CHS welcomes you to participate in our weekly Psychiatric TeleECHO Clinics. Curriculum is designed to help providers improve their expertise in treating psychiatric disorders in the primary care setting. Providers are encouraged to present cases to the team of experts.
Any healthcare provider, including physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, social workers, case managers, mental health specialists, nutritionists and prevention specialists with an interest in psychiatry are welcome to attend. Registration is required.
Why Psychiatry ECHO?
- Mood disorders, including major depression, dysthymic disorder and bipolar disorder, are the third most common cause of hospitalization in the U.S. for both youth and adults aged 18-44
- More than 90% of children who die by suicide have a mental health condition
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S.
Engage in TeleECHO Clinics that will address multiple topics for psychiatric care including but not limited to:
- Anxiety Disorder
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Mood Stabilizers
Psychiatric TeleECHO Clinics enable participants to:
- Increase knowledge of up-to-date evidence-based psychiatric care
- Provide optimal psychiatric care for individuals presenting to the primary care setting
- Participate in our regional psychiatric community of practice to share best practice
What does a Psychiatric TeleECHO Clinic look like?
- Noon –12:10 p.m. Introductions
- 12:10 –12:30 p.m. Didactic Presentations
- 12:30 –2 p.m. Case Presentations
How do I present a case?
To present a case at an upcoming Psychiatry TeleECHO clinic, email email@example.com to request an ECHO ID number. You will receive an ID and a link to a case presentation form to submit your case.
Psychiatry TeleECHO Team
Jason Beaman, D.O., M.S.
Board Certified in Psychiatry, Family Medicine and Forensic Psychiatry
Alicia Ford, Ph.D.
Kelly Murray, Pharm.D., BCACP
Shantel Bolton, BSN, RN
Nurse, Case manager