Students must apply for admission to the OSU Graduate College and the HCA program, following the steps listed below.
There are 5 required elements:
- Graduate Application Admission Form
- Please mark ‘Degree Candidate’ as the Admission status.
- Please list ‘Health Care Administration’ as the proposed major.
- Please list ‘Master of Science’ as the degree sought.
- Application Fee
Online application fee is $40.00. Paper application fee is $50.00. Please make checks payable to Oklahoma State University.
- Official Transcripts
In order to be fully accepted into the program, you must have at least a 3.0 in your last 60 hours of course work. Students who do not meet this requirement may still be able to enter the program on probationary status. These students may be subject to certain restrictions.
Please submit an official transcript from each college or university you have attended, including OSU. Applicants are responsible for contacting these schools and requesting official transcripts.
- Health Care Experience
This program is designed for applicants who have at least two to three years experience and are currently employed in the U.S. health care industry. This program serves as continuing education for health care professionals wishing to move into management and executive positions. Due to the design of this program, it is not recommended for applicants without current U.S. health care experience. Please outline your health care experience and how you see this program benefiting your career in your goal statement, below.
- Statement of Qualifications, Goals & Objectives
Please prepare a one to two page, typed, double-spaced essay that includes the following:
- Description of your current job
- Description of current and past health care experience
- What are your career goals?
- How will the HCA program help you in achieving these goals?
- Why are you applying to OSU’s HCA program?
- What personal strengths will help you attain your goals?
- What personal challenges do you face to attain your goals?
Please send official transcripts and any paper application materials to:
202 Whitehurst Hall
Stillwater, OK 74078
Please email your goal statement to email@example.com
The application process will begin after the OSU HCA program receives your completed application packet. All materials in the packet become OSU property and will not be returned. Please note that admission offers are valid for one year only. If you do not enroll in that year, you must re-apply.
Please note the HCA Program
Fall Admission – July 1st
Spring Admission – December 1st
Summer Admission – Please contact HCA Program Coordinator