Clinical Decision Support Tools
EBM Clinical Decision Databases
- ClinicalKey - database for physicians delivering comprehensive medical and surgical content in one resource, giving access to over 1100 top ebooks, over 500 top journals, thousands of clinical procedure videos, and millions of images.
- Physical Examination and Diagnosis Skills Videos - examination techniques covering all organ systems cross linked with abnormal and normal findings on real patients. Retinal findings in motion, heart sound interpretation, from basic to advanced.
- VisualDx - visual diagnostic tool with 26,000 images for 1300 visually diagnosable diseases including common conditions, STDs, reportable infections, and bioterrorism. Visual clues, symptoms, etc. are entered to refine the differential and visually compare with the patient's presentation.
- Drug Information Resources
- Epocrates - contains 3,300 drug monographs (brand and generic) giving extensive data on mechanisms of action, dosing, adverse reactions, drug interactions, contraindications, abbreviations, pricing, photos, etc.
- New Medicines - a website which provides a list by year of new medicines approved by FDA. For drugs in clinical trials and still unapproved by FDA go to Drug Trials
- NLM Drug Information Portal - covers 16,000 drugs providing current information regarding consumer health, clinical trials, AIDS- related drug data, pharmacological actions, PubMed biomedical literature, and physical properties and structure - - all retrieved by searching on a drug name.
- Natural Standard - resource for complementary and alternative therapies using comprehensive methodology and reproducible grading scales to yield evidence-based, consensus-based, and peer-reviewed informaton.
- DynaMed - an evidence-based, clinical decision support tool with a diagnosis navigation tool (Isabel) containing more than 3000 up-to-date clinical topic summaries with information on etiology, directed history and physical findings, differential diagnoses and diagnostic testing, prognosis, treatment, prevention, links to patient education resources, and the most common ICD-9 Codes.
- PIER (From ACP) - an evidence-based, clinical decision support tool containing more than 330 disease modules, 11 videos, 14,000 pages of medical condition and diagnostic text, and 2500 graphs and tables. Integrated with STAT!Ref. Accessible from local and remote locations.
- Trip Database - an evidence-based, highly respected, clinical search tool designed to allow health professionals to rapidly identify the highest quality clinical evidence for clinical practice by simultaneous searching multiple web sites to locate 1000s of topics relevant to clinical medicine including guidelines, systematic reviews, EBM synopses, etc.
- UpToDate - an evidence-based, clinical decision support tool containing more than 60,000 pages of original text covering 7,000 topics in primary care and internal medicine from 3000 expert contributors, 250 patient education sheets, 15,000 graphics, and 160,000 MEDLINE abstracts. Accessible only from 3 sites: OSU CHS Campus on West 17th Street, the Health Care Center at 2345 Southwest Blvd, and the Houston Center Clinic at 717 S. Houston Ave.