June 27, 2013
OSU-CHS Security offers personal safety tips for summer
Summer is here, and with more people out enjoying the warm weather comes the potential for an increase in crimes of opportunity. OSU-CHS Security encourages students, faculty and staff to keep these simple safety tips in mind to protect yourself when walking to and from your car.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Walk confidently and with a purpose and observe those around you. Keep your head up.
- Avoid texting or talking on your phone.
- Keep your arms free of books, packages or other things that can restrict your movements. Use a backpack or bookbag to hold your items.
- Carry your purse or bag close to your body rather than allow it to dangle by your side.
- If you feel that you are being followed, walk or run to a lighted building for help. Do anything you can to draw attention to yourself.
- Call OSU-CHS Security if you feel threatened.
OSU-CHS Security patrols the campus and clinics 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Officers will walk you from any building or parking lot to any location at OSU-CHS at any time.
You can reach OSU-CHS Security at 918-625-8592 or at the security desk in Founders Hall. Report suspicious individuals, activity and situations by calling OSU-CHS Security or online through the Silent Witness program.