May 22, 2014
OSU-CHS graduates receive awards at commencement, banquet
OSU-CHS recently celebrated the achievements of the Class of 2014 during the university’s commencement ceremony and awards banquet.
OSU/A&M Regent Joe Hall honored Sarah Janssen, D.O., with the Regents' Distinguished Student Award in front of a packed house at the OSU-CHS Commencement on May 16 at the Broken Arrow Performing Arts Center. The award is presented each year to an OSU-CHS graduate who exemplifies the mission of OSU.
During the awards banquet on May 15 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tulsa-Warren Place, graduates recognized included:
- Cody Rice, D.O., Academic Excellence
- TaRynn Freeman, D.O., Clinical Excellence
- Tiffany Palmer, D.O., Student D.O. of the Year
- Brock Wilson, D.O., Leadership and Service
- Kate Seikel, D.O., Mind, Body and Spirit
- Sallie Ruskoski, Ph.D., Outstanding Graduate Student
- Matthew Green, M.S., Forensic Sciences Impact
OSU-CHS departments presented awards to the following graduates:
- Matthew Ayers, D.O., Anatomy and Cell Biology
- Zachary Sullivan, D.O., Behavioral Sciences
- Clay Merritt, D.O., Biochemistry
- Julie Dionne, D.O., Family Medicine
- Charles Wilson, D.O., Internal Medicine
- Grant DePoy, D.O., Microbiology
- TaRynn Freeman, D.O., Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Sarah Cox, D.O., Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
- Richard Morris, D.O., Pathology
- John Lukeman, D.O., Pediatrics
- Hai Nguyen, D.O., Pharmacology
- Ryan Smith, D.O., Physiology
- Kristian Loveridge, D.O., Radiology
- Haley Adams, D.O., Rural Medicine, Surgery
- Dustin Little, D.O., Rural Medicine
- Holly Cauthron, D.O., Rural Medicine
- William Murry, Jr., D.O., Rural Medicine
- Ashton Clayborn, D.O., Rural Medicine
- Natalie Nekouian, D.O., Rural Medicine
- Julie Dionne, D.O., Rural Medicine
- Joshua Priddle, D.O., Rural Medicine
- Crystal Dockery, D.O., Rural Medicine
- Micah Relic, D.O., Rural Medicine
- Jennifer Duroy, D.O., Rural Medicine
- Gretchen Stroud, D.O., Rural Medicine
- Elizabeth Hall, D.O., Rural Medicine
- Leslie Williams, D.O., Rural Medicine
- Melissa Herring, D.O., Rural Medicine
- Matthew Wood, D.O., Rural Medicine
- Janel Johnson, D.O., Rural Medicine
Alumni Recognition Awards were presented to Class of 2014 President Brock Wilson, D.O., and Vice President Jaye Bea Downs, D.O.
Janelle Norman, wife of Andrew Norman, D.O., received the Donna Jones Moritsugu Award. The American Osteopathic Foundation award is presented to the spouse of a graduating student to recognize outstanding support during medical school.
The following members of the OSU chapter of Phi Kappa Phi honor society were recognized:
- Grant Depoy, D.O.
- Hai Nguyen, D.O.
- Sean Dossett, D.O.
- Cody Rice, D.O.
- Sarah Janssen, D.O.
- Ryan Smith, D.O.
- Clay Merritt, D.O.
- Matthew Sullivan, D.O.
- Kasey Minks, D.O.