INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center
Emergency Medicine Residency
This program is designed for 48 one-month rotations. The first year consist of 4 months of Emergency Medicine, 2 months of Medicine, 6 weeks Surgery, 1 month each or ICU, House Officer, OB/Gyn, Pediatrics, and 2 weeks of Infectious Disease.
The second year includes 6 months of Emergency Medicine, 1 month each of Radiology, Pediatrics, Anesthesia, Orthopedics, Transplant ICU, and 2 weeks with Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
The third year focuses on 6 months Emergency Medicine, 1 month each of Pediatric ICU, Trauma, Cardiology, Toxicology, Neurology, and 2 weeks of University Emergency Department.
The fourth year concentrates on 6 months Emergency Medicine, 1 month of Administration, 2 weeks each of ENT, Ophthalmology, Norman Emergency Department, Attending, Infectious Disease, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), and 6 weeks of elective rotations.
Number of Positions
- 32 Residency Positions
- 8 positions in each PGY 1-4 class
- OGME 1- OGME 4
Affiliations and/or Elective Rotations
- Southwestern Medical Center of Dallas, University of Texas, Dallas, TX
- Children's Medical Center of Dallas, Dallas, TX
- University Hospital, Univ. of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
- Norman Regional Hospital, Norman OK
- Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center, Oklahoma City, OK
- OSU Medical Center, Tulsa, OK
- Oklahoma State Univ. College of Osteopathic Medicine, Tulsa, OK
Institutional Data (2010)
- Total ER Visits: 85,695
- Medical: 73,710
- Surgical: 4,475
- Pediatric: 24,166
- Psychiatric: 1,323
- OB/Gyn: 3, 640
- Trauma 5,858