OSU-CHS Human Research - IRB Committee
Instructions for signing up for the CITI Biomedical Research Investigators (IRB) tutorial
- Open your internet browser and go to the CITI Program (https://www.citiprogram.org/). This is the CITI welcome and login/registration page. You must register to obtain a user name and password.
- If you have not previously registered with CITI, click on New Users Register Here. This will take you to a Course Registration page. Proceed to Step 3
If you previously registered with CITI as being affiliated with Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, simply enter your existing username and password in the appropriate fields, which will take you to the "Main Menu" where you can add a course or update your learner group (This option is located just below the course completion report section). If you previously registered with CITI, proceed to Step 12.
- Under 1: Select your Institution or Organization by clicking on the participating institutions drop down box. Find Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences and select it. Do not enter anything else in the other drop down box fields in Item 1.
- Under 2: Select your Username and Password – enter a unique username and password according to the parameters described in the instructions. Try to remember or keep this username and password on hand so you can access CITI at any time.
- Under 3: Enter your first and last name in the fields provided.
- Under 4: Enter your e-mail address. You have the option of including a secondary e-mail address.
- Click the Submit button. This will take you to a second registration page.
- Select your language preference and enter your institutional email address. Complete all other required information (indicated by an *).
- You will be directed to a new page that allows you to select your curriculum from various training modules, which include Conflict of Interest, Laboratory Animal Welfare, and Responsible Conduct of Research. The curriculum you select will determine which training course(s) you will be required to complete.
- For the IRB training courses, scroll down the page to the Human Subject Research section and select the "Biomedical Research Investigators" course
- On the next screen, you can affiliate with another institution, such as a VA Medical Center. This is not applicable to most of us. As such, we recommend that you click "No."
- The "Main Menu," will come up automatically every time you log into the CITI program. In the center of the Main Menu page, you will see a list of the courses in which you enrolled.
NOTE: If you previously completed any CITI courses, you will see a list of your completion report(s). To register for a course you have not yet taken, you must click on the link "Add a course or update your learner groups" (This option is located just below the course completion report section.). You will be directed to a new page that allows you to select a new curriculum. Once you have made your selection, click on "Continue." You will be directed to a page that allows you to see all the groups and courses in which you are enrolled. Simply scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Go Back to Learner's Main Menu."
- You may now enter the course you wish to complete by clicking on "Enter," which is located in the Status column. Complete the required modules and any associated quizzes. You should complete the required courses first, and then you may complete any of the optional courses you wish. You do not have to complete the training modules in one sitting. This training is required every three years.
- Once you complete the course(s), you can print a completion report. In addition, you should be able to save your CITI completion report as a MS Word document or a PDF file. CITI will automatically notify the Office of Research of completion results (pass/fail). Print your completion report and keep a copy for your records.
For questions, contact the IRB Administrator.